Durham FOP Police Legal Seminar
Time & Location
About the Event
Fraternal Order of Police Legal Seminar
April 25, 2020
9 AM – 5 PM
The North Carolina Fraternal Order of Police State Conference is being held in Durham, NC this year. During the conference, Durham FOP Lodge 2 is offering a Police Legal Seminar for our current members. During the seminar, there will be multiple topics that will be covered that are currently affecting officers in North Carolina and throughout the country.
The legal seminar will be presented by multiple attorneys who represent police officers throughout the state. In addition to this, a secondary discussion panel is currently being put together that will consist of at least three judges from the North Carolina Supreme Court and/or the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
Durham FOP encourages its members to take this opportunity to attend this legal seminar. There is no cost associated with the seminar to attend. Space is limited to the 50 people. We look forward to seeing you there. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact Tom Navarre or Robert Gaddy.
Police Legal Seminar Topics:
- Developments in police certification cases before the Training and Standards Commissions.
- Emerging criminal law risks for officers
- How to minimize criminal liability risks
- Dealing with the SBI
- Giglio risks to officers
- Use of force law updates
- Employment law developments,
- The Art of How to Grieve
- Many other hot-button issues confronting officers.
The following police liability counsel have been invited to participate:
- Jeffrey Gray, Bailey & Dixon
- Thomas C. Manning, The Manning Law Firm
- M.Travis Payne, Edelstein & Payne
- Dan Hartzog Jr., The Hartzog Law Group
- Michael McGuinness, The McGuinness Law Firm
- Michael Byrne, Law Offices of Michael C. Byrne
A second panel will be held and shall include at least three judges of the N.C. Supreme Court or N.C. Court of Appeals.